The role of the Virtual School is to promote the educational achievement of looked after children. This is whether they are educated in Bracknell Forest or placed out of authority. We do this by having high aspirations and working to close the attainment gap between them and their peers.
As a Virtual School, we aim to develop an in-depth understanding of the child’s educational needs and challenges. We advise on, secure and maintain the best possible education provision according to these needs.
We do this by:
- raising awareness of attachment issues and barriers to learning with schools and providers through Designated Teacher forums
- coordinating, chairing and processing Personal Education Planning meetings and documentation
- arranging access to additional resources to raise attainment and progress
- developing interests and providing one to one advice, guidance and support for engagement in education, training and employment
Our values are:
- to hold the child, their needs, views and aspirations at the centre of our work
- to work honestly, transparently, supportively, and robustly with all professionals, carers, looked after children and care leavers, to achieve the best educational outcomes
- to take pride in our work and make sure we behave in a professional manner at all times